Welcome to Gros Morne!
The seven communities in Gros Morne along with businesses and Parks Canada welcome you to enjoy all that our region has to offer! We will do our best to ensure that you have a safe and enjoyable visit in the Gros Morne region, but limiting the spread of COVID-19 is a shared responsibility. We encourage residents and visitors to stay up to date and follow the advice of public health officials at all times.
Communities, businesses, Parks Canada, organizations and individuals have undertaken a number of measures to protect both visitors and residents, including:
- Installation of sanitation stations at high traffic locations in each community. Look for the bird house symbol to locate and use one of these stations.
- Recommending the use of face masks when in public spaces indoors and in environments where physical distancing of 2 metres (6 feet) cannot be easily maintained.
- Limiting the number of patrons permitted in establishments at one time and controlling the flow of traffic through, in and out.
- Adopting new protocols such as enhanced sanitization.
- Encouraging visitors to have their own hygiene kit containing items such as hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes, with them throughout their stay.
As we all work to adapt to a new way of doing things, please be patient and understand that these measures are in practice for your protection and safety.
Safe and Clean Approved Businesses in Gros Morne
Businesses certified “Safe and Clean Approved” are exceeding basic recommended health and safety guidelines for the province. These operators strive to deliver excellent customer service and keep safety top of mind in addition to enhanced protocols and operating procedures including:
- All businesses are licensed operators within Newfoundland and Labrador, meaning they have proper health and safety standards in place.
- All staff have taken the Clean it Right training with the goal of increasing the safety of guests, visitors and the workforce in the Tourism, Hospitality and Retail industry.
- All staff keep guests safety in mind, completing a Covid – 19 staff checkup prior to working each day.
Key partners in the Gros Morne Safe and Clean project: