Plan Your Trip
Newfoundland & Labrador is a large province where Gros Morne National Park is located in the Western portion of the Island of Newfoundland. The Trans-Canada highway travels across the island and connects most regions, including Gros Morne.
How To Get Here
Daily Flights connect flights from most major airports to Newfoundland and Labrador. Deer Lake Regional Airport (YDF), is located about 45 minutes from Gros Morne National Park, and is the closest airport to the Park. St. John’s International Airport (YYT) located in eastern Newfoundland also provides flights in to Newfoundland, and also connects to Deer Lake with interprovincial flights.
Major Carriers Flying to Deer Lake
Marine Atlantic provides a daily ferry service from Nova Scotia to Newfoundland, connecting Western Newfoundland, North Sydney (NS) to Port Aux Basque (NL), and Eastern Newfoundland (seasonally) North Sydney (NS) to Argentia (NL). Both routes accommodate walk-on passengers, vehicles, and travel trailers. Reservations should be made in advance.
Access to and from Labrador is provided thru a ferry connecting St. Barbe (NL) to Blanc-Sablon (Quebec). Additional Information Here.
How To Get Around
Gros Morne National Park is home to 7 communities roughly located in the southern, central and northern portions of the Park, which is roughly a two hour drive. Each area has its own colorful history, activities and story to tell, and all are worth taking the time to get to know.
There are a number of ways to travel around Gros Morne, or to travel from Deer Lake Airport to the Park which include Rental Cars, Taxi’s, Water Shuttle, Bus Services and cycling (electric bikes as well).
Bus & Taxi
There are several bus services providing transportation across Newfoundland, and Taxi and Bus Services from the Deer Lake Airport, or around Gros Morne;
- Gros Morne Transportation & Tours – Offering transportation from Deer Lake, and around Gros Morne. Located in Woody Point. 709-458-7296
- DRL Bus – Travels from Port Aux Basque to St. John’s, with a stop in Deer Lake. Does not travel to Gros Morne
- Ride in Style – Offers luxury ground transportation from Deer Lake Airport and around Gros Morne. Located in Deer Lake
- Pittman’s Taxi – Offers affordable trips between Deer Lake Airport, and around Gros Morne. Located in Rocky Harbour. 709-458-2486.
- Martin’s Transportation – Offer transportation between Deer Lake Airport and around Gros Morne. Located in Woody Point. 709-453-2207
- Star Taxi – Offers affordable trips between Deer Lake Airport and Gros Morne. Located in Deer Lake. 709-634-4343
- Shears Bus Service – Offers Bus Rentals with drivers, with day or weekly rates.
There are several companies which provide travel between the town of Norris Point and the south side of the park in the town of Woody Point .
Where to Stay
Gros Morne National Park is large, with seven different communities located in the South, Centreal and Northern section of the Park. Each area has numerous accommodations to chose from including B &B’s, Hotels, Inn’s, Cottages, Hostels, RV Parks, and Parks Canada Campsites. There is truly something for everyone.
Whether you settle down in one town as a home base, or move from the south to the north, you will need AT LEAST 4 days to full enjoy all the sights and sounds.
On the map below you will find an incomplete list, but a useful starting point in finding the right spot for you in your trip to Gros Morne
Display More Info
Gros Morne Accommodation & Conventions
Gros Morne National Park is truly one of the world’s most unique and spectacular tourism destinations and a unique collection of venues can help make your next meeting, conference, event or team building session a huge success.
Whether you require a small intimate setting for a group of 50 or a large space to accommodate 500, we will customize your every need in Gros Morne. We are pleased to offer you our services when planning your next gathering as our way of saying thank-you for visiting our region. some of those services include:
- Venue Selection
- Accommodations Planning
- Transportation Planning
- Program and Scheduling Assistance
- Entertainment Planning
- Food and Catering Planning
- VIP Management
Here is a list of recommended accommodations in the Gros Morne area;
- Shallow Bay Motel & Cabins | Cow Head | 1-800-563-1946
Oceanside in Gros Morne National Park; ShallowBayMotel.com
Near Gros Morne Theater Festival, Pub, Dining, year-round with Packages
- Fisherman’s Landing Inn | Rocky Harbour | 1-866-458-2711
Located in the heart of Gros Morne; FishermansLandingInn.com
Dining Room, Pub, Seasonal Entertainment
- Gros Morne Cabins| Rocky Harbour | 1-888-603-2020
Oceanside in Gros Morne National Park; grosmornecabins.com
1 & 2 Bedroom, Wifi, BBQ’s, Kitchenettes
- Gros Morne Inn | Town of GBS | 1-709-435-7226
Overlooking Southern Arm in Gros Morne National Park; GrosMorneInn.com
Fine Dining, Hot Tubs & Sauna on-site, year-round packages
- Ocean View Hotel | Rocky Harbour | 1-800-563-9887
Harbourfront in Gros Morne National Park; TheOceanView.ca
Dining Room, Anchor Pub & Seasonal Entertainment
- Neddies Harbour Inn | Norris Point | 1-877-458-2929
Waterfront Inn & Cottages in Gros Morne National Park; TheInn.ca
Fine Dining at Black Spruce Restaurant & Spa
- Sugar Hill Inn | Norris Point | 1-888-299-2147
Country Inn overlooking Bonne Bay in Gros Morne National Park; SugarHillInn.ca
Fine Dining at Chanterelles Restaurant, Electric Bikes For Rent
- Tides Inn | Norris Point | 1-844-834-3310 Ocean side suites overlooking Neddies Harbour; TheTidesInn.ca Luxury suites combining comfort with affordability.
For more information please email Info@VisitGrosMorne.com
What to Do
Gros Morne National Park is large, with seven different communities located in the South, Central and Northern section of the Park. Each town and area has numerous experiences to relish, festivals to enjoy, and Parks Canada sites to enlighten. There is truly something for everyone.
On the map below you will find an list of Parks Canada, and Community hiking trails, Companies which provided numerous experiences, and Parks Canada sites.
Display More Info
Where to Eat
Gros Morne is all about local eats! In every community there are small, locally owned restaurants serving local produce, and fresh seafood; its what we’re know for. Weather you are looking for traditional Newfoundland fare, a greasy spoon, or a fine dining experience, we have something for everyone!
Display More Info